Polyethylene with a molecular weight of +/- 5-6.000.000 with excellent impact resistance. Compared to PE with lower molecular weights, this type is less rigid and more resistant to impact, so it is best used for applications subject to repeated shocks.
- Good impact resistance even at low temperatures
- High chemical resistances typical of polyolefin materials
- High abrasion resistance
- Low friction coefficient
- Low specific weight
- Ease of processing
- Compared to the technopolymer it has low mechanical strengths: traction, flexion, compression, etc. And thermal
- Compared to lower molecular weight PE, it is less rigid
- Mechanical: low friction coefficient and non-hygroscopicity make it suitable for bearings or other mechanical details with unladen loads even if they work in water
- Food: physiologically inert is approved for use in contact with food from various agencies. Is a material used for this particular feature in the construction of food machines, food liquids pumps, etc.
- Chemical: for high chemical resistance to acids and alkalis it is used for components in the chemical industry
- Electric: excellent dielectric characteristics and weather stability make it increasingly use in this area
See the file for technical specifications