Molecular weight polyethylene +/- 500,000 with good rigidity. Compared to PE with higher molecular weights, this type is more rigid so it can be best used for mechanical uses. The coefficient of friction is low and the machinability is very good.
- High chemical resistances typical of polyolefin materials
- Good impact resistance even at low temperatures
- High abrasion resistance
- Low friction coefficient
- Low specific weight
- Ease of processing
- Natural color
- Compared to the technopolymer it has low mechanical strengths: traction, flexion, compression, etc. And thermal
- Compared to higher molecular weight PE, it is more rigid and less resistant to repeated shocks.
- Mechanical: Low friction coefficient and non-hygroscopicity make it suitable for bearings or other mechanical details with unladen loads even if they work in water
- Food: physiologically inert is approved for use in contact with food from various agencies. Is a material used for this particular feature in the construction of food machines, food liquids pumps, etc.
- Electric: excellent dielectric characteristics and weather stability make it increasingly use in this area
- Chemical: for high chemical resistance to acids and alkalis it is used for components in the chemical industry
See the file for technical specifications