Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is the tetrafluoroethene polymer.
It is usually known through its commercial denominations Teflon, where other polymeric stabilizers and fluids are added to the polymer to improve its application possibilities. It is a tactile, high temperature resistant plastic (up to 200 ° C and above), used in the industry to cover high temperature surfaces requiring “non-stick” and good chemical inertia.
The bronze charge increases considerably the thermal conductivity, improves the wear resistance and deformations under constant load. It finds application in the mechanical, hydraulic sector. The resin thus formed has a lower chemical resistance than virgin PTFE.
The charge value ranges from 40 to 60%
- Inert to practically all known chemical reagents.
- PTFE is insoluble in any solvent at temperatures up to 300 ° C. Only at temperatures close to the crystalline melting point some highly fluorinated oils may swell and melt.
- Excellent resistance to low and high temperatures, up to 230 ° C.
- Excellent resistance to atmospheric agents as well as U.V. rays.
- Good thermal conductivity and elasticity sup. To virgin PTFE
- It is not flammable and is stable for indefinite periods of time up to 260 ° C.
- Greater resistance to sliding under load than virgin PTFE
- The friction coefficient is lower than the virgin PTFE, it can be considered a solid state lubricant and an anti-adhesive
- Excellent wear resistance
- Poor mechanical resistances in general.
- Anisotropic material with limited working stability characteristics.
- Low radiation-resistant material, which degrades molecular bonds.
- The gas permeability depends on the processing techniques, the quality of the raw materials as well as thickness and pressure.
- Chemical resistance less than PTFE.
Mechanical: the low coefficient of friction makes it usable for bearings, provided they can withstand an improved low load in the version with bronze charge
Chemical: Applications in the chemical field are reduced due to the presence of the metal charge.
Food: do not feed in the loaded bronze version
Electrical: excellent dielectric characteristics, self-extinguishing and weatherproof stability make it increasingly use in this industry
See the file for technical specifications