Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is the tetrafluoroethene polymer.
It is usually known through its commercial denominations Teflon, where other polymeric stabilizers and fluids are added to the polymer to improve its application possibilities. It is a tactile, high-temperature plastic material (up to 200 ° C and above), used in the industry to cover surfaces subjected to high temperatures which require a “non-stick” and good chemical inertia.
Glass fiber filling improves the wear characteristics and, to a lesser extent, those of permanent deformation. The glass has low alkali resistance and can be attached to fluoride. Increase the friction coefficient slightly.
The charge value ranges from 5 to 40%
- Excellent resistance to both low and high temperatures, up to 260 ° C.
- Excellent resistance to atmospheric agents as well as U.V. rays.
- Good thermal insulation power
- Low coefficient of friction.
- Improved mechanical properties compared to PTFE.
- Excellent chemical strengths in the confrints of almost all aggressive agents, with the exception of strong alkali.
- Large deformability under weight, which makes it useful for gaskets; They can also be made with modified compounds having calibrated elastic responses.
- Elevated dielectric quality, virtually independent of temperature.
- Suitable for food contact according to FDA norm (always required before each request / order)
- The glass charge makes it more fragile than the virgin, compromising the impact resistance
- Anisotropic material with limited working stability characteristics.
- Low radiation-resistant material, which degrades molecular bonds.
- Gas permeability depends on processing techniques, raw material quality, thickness and pressure.
- It is alkaline resistance
- Low wear resistance
- Mechanics: The low coefficient of friction makes it usable for very low load applications.
- Chemists: Employed in components in the petrochemical and chemical industry due to the high chemical inertia.
- Food: The material is compatible with food contact and can therefore be used in this area.
- Electric: Excellent dielectric characteristics, self-extinguishing and weatherproof stability make it increasingly use in this area.
See the file for technical specifications