Known globally as the top material for the handling of bulk materials, Tivar® 88 is known for its slim-smooth performance due to low surface friction. Tivar 88 coatings are the ideal solution when reducing or eliminating curvature, on bins, tanks, hoppers and slides, railroads, etc.
UHMW-PE (also shortened in UHMW), acronym Ultra polyethylene with very high molecular weight. It is this extremely high molecular weight that gives UHMW-PE an unrivaled combination of smoothness, toughness and chemical resistance. Because of its low friction coefficient, UHMW-PE is self-lubricating.
- High resistance to abrasion
- Good chemical resistance and corrosion
- Low coefficient of friction
- No humidity absorptionExcellent shock resistance
- Good workability
- Also available in UV-resistant, flame resistant, and anti-static grades
Compared to the technopolymer it has low mechanical strengths: traction, flexion, compression, etc. And thermal
- Sliding guides
- Coatings where high flowability and low friction coefficients are required
See the file for technical specifications