EPDM rubber is a terpolymer obtained by the copolymerization of ethylene, propylene and a third monomer represented by a diene and can be crosslinked with sulfur and accelerators.
It is one of the most commonly used tires in the world of butterfly industry, it has good mechanical properties, excellent resistance to atmospheric agents and ozone both in static and dynamic applications with a very interesting temperature range.
In the formulation that the peroxide is used as a crosslinking agent, it has excellent C-set values and excellent resistances to applications where liquid brake or acid condensate is used.
Depending on uses and needs, we offer different qualities of NBR, each designed to meet the different needs of the customer.
- EPDM STANDARD
- EPDM SUPER
- EPDM EXTRA
- Resistance to aging and atmospheric agents.
- Heat resistance
- Low temperature resistance
- Resistant to many acids, non-mineral oils and glycols.
- Good abrasion resistance
- High waterproofness
- Excellent thermal insulation properties
- Good mechanical and elastic properties
- Unsatisfactory compatibility with most oils, aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons, halogenated solvents and concentrated acids.
- Poor flame resistance
- Mechanical: Used for gaskets, OR, supports and structural elements both dynamic and static where exposure to atmospheric agents is required, heat resistance.
- Food: available on request the white food version.
- Electric: excellent electrical characteristics make it widely used for insulators or electrical applications
- Chemical: good acid resistance but it is always advisable to check its suitability with compatibility tables.
See the file for technical specifications