Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is the tetrafluoroethene polymer.
It is usually known through its commercial denominations Teflon, where other polymeric stabilizers and fluids are added to the polymer to improve its application possibilities. It is a tactile, high temperature resistant plastic (up to 200 ° C and above), used in the industry to cover high temperature surfaces requiring “non-stick” and good chemical inertia.
Charging, compared to the virgin version, greatly improves wear and deformation characteristics under constant load, increases thermal conductivity and leaves virtually unchanged the chemical resistance characteristics, except in highly oxidizing environments. Improve electrical characteristics.
Coal charge is between 10 and 35% combined with apos; s percentage of graphite.
- Very low friction coefficient: it is virtually a solid state lubricant and is anti-adhesive.
- Excellent chemical resistance in the confrints of almost all aggressive agents, with the exception of strong oxidants
- Excellent resistance to both low and high temperatures, up to 260 ° C.
- Excellent resistance to atmospheric agents at U.V. rays
- Good thermal conductivity
- Increased hardness compared to virgin PTFE
- Low mechanical strengths even if improved compared to virgin PTFE.
- Anisotropic material with limited working stability characteristics.
- Low radiation-resistant material, which degrades molecular bonds.
- The gas permeability depends on the processing techniques, the quality of the raw materials as well as
- thickness and pressure.
- Reduced chemical resistance in oxidizing environments.
- The charge releases black powder
- Mechanical: The low coefficient of friction makes it usable for bearings, provided that they can withstand an improved low load in the carbide charge version. The charge makes it self-lubricating
- Chemical: typical of fluoride polymers is the very high chemical resistance to acids and alkalis. It is used for components in the petrochemical and chemical industry
- Food: do not feed in the loaded carrot version
- Electrical: excellent dielectric characteristics, self-extinguishing and weatherproof stability make it increasingly use in this industry
See the file for technical specifications